top of page
What to Expect
Here are some tips and tricks to help you prepare for your upcoming family photo session
We are coming into one of the most popular time of the year for family photos, engagement sessions and maternity sessions! Here are some friendly suggestions to help make your photo sessions that much better!
* You always want to be comfortable in what you are wearing!
* Choose a colour palate/colour scheme (esp. in family photos with lost of people)- Remember less is usually more. A few colours for contrast is nice. Avoid too many different shades of colours, especially if it's a larger group. Patterns are okay as long as they jive with the colour scheme (however, avoid too many people in the same photo with different patterns)
* Neutrals and pastels go with any season and compliment all completions!
* different textures of clothing always adds dimension to photos
* A statement piece is music to my ears! (i.e. a nice hat, jewelry, blanket or scarf)
* Typically early morning or later afternoon/evenings are the best time for ideal lighting in your photos
* Overcast is actually our best friend! A bright sunny day isn't always the greatest when it comes to your photo shoot!
* Let the good times roll- try not to be fixed on the perfect picture, that's our job!
* Let the photographer worry if your child or pet isn't looking! Show us your beautiful smile, we'll take care of the rest!
*Avoid logos, words or busy patterns on your clothing- that can sometimes be distracting in your photos
* Avoid ball caps, tinted glasses and your old faithful sneakers ;)
* Indoor photo shoots- toss the socks off!
* Don't forget to lose those hair elastics on your wrists! (I'm guilty of this)
* Empty those pockets! (i.e. phones, wallets, snacks, etc. I'm happy to hold them!)
I hope this has helped! I can't wait to see all of your smiling faces soon!
bottom of page